Saturday, September 12, 2009

Anticipation

Well, we're getting close now. About 2 and a half weeks until my due date. As of early this week I'm dilated to a 3. If only that was a better indicator of when he'll be here. Will he surprise us and come a little early? Or will he keep making us wait? That's the big question right now. Whatever he decides, we're so excited and anticipating his arrival like crazy.

I have been busy getting the house ready for baby. Lots of cleaning. Can't stand the idea of bringing baby home to a dirty and gross home. Not that our apartment was "gross" per say, but it definitely needed some work.

We've also added what will be a nursing chair and a dresser/changing table. I found these after lots and lots of looking and comparing of local classifieds. A comfortable nursing chair was important to me since I plan on spending lots of time there! We sold our sofa in order to be able to put it in there.


Here's a look at his corner so far. That's right, he just gets a corner:)

3 comments:

meg said...

WOW! So exciting Nicolette! Glad you've had lots of time to nest. His little corner looks heavenly. Enjoy the chair!

Brett - Rachel B said...

Cute corner! Right by mommy? That's the best place to be! What good parents you are! Sacraficing you couch for your baby. What a loved little boy!

Kittyrunner said...

That's perfect--it's all he needs. You saw what Alyssa has. :) I hope the little guy is here now!! My sister had her baby girl today! Plus, we just found out that we're having a boy in February.