Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fruits of my labor

The best part about all the work that went into gardening this year was being able to harvest!

I learned a lot from gardening this year. I've learned that I will change a few things next year, and do some of the same things, but better next year.

Some things turned out awesome and some things were a disappointment. The big disappointment were the green bean plants that the deer had fun with.

We had seriously a ton of orange cherry tomatoes! I planted these last year and again this year. These are seriously the tastiest little guys! They are so sweet! I had more than I knew what to do with! I have plans for them next year.

The bigger tomatoes however, were not as plentiful this year. But we savored those that we did have.

I made my little version of brushetta
It was a good way to use up those small tomatoes.
Zucchini
 I made Zucchini Lasagna and lots of Zucchini bread!

The Butternut Squash was one of my favorite things in the garden this year
I think I'll plant a plant or two more next year because I wished I had more this year.
I pureed a froze some, used some as side dishes,
and I even made some Butternut squash bread.

There's just something about growing your own garden, then using it in your kitchen that's just awesome. Plus, I know exactly where it came from and how it was grown. A good health factor there too.

1 comment:

satomblablabla said...

ooooo...this post made me so hungry and i love that you are so proud of what you grew and made out of it!! I would be too! looks so good!