Sunday, March 8, 2009

Vegas trip


We took a little weekend trip to Vegas a few weeks ago. Our original and main purpose for going was to attend the wedding of some friends of ours, but we were also able to visit lots of friends on the trip. For a little while we decided to not go because I was feeling the whoas of pregnancy sickness. But I began to feel a tad bit more functional so we decided to go. Because I was feeling pretty blah, I didn't take hardly any pictures, none of us sadly. Took some on my phone but can't figure out how to get them.

We stopped by in St. George and had breakfast with some friends at the Cracker Barrel. I've been unable to eat much so Skyler helps me clean up my plate with no effort. It was a great visit. While in St. George, we decided to stop by and take a look at the temple.


We stayed with some friends our first night in Vegas. When we arrived at their home, unloaded our stuff and took a mini rest, then we went over to some friends of ours from the first ward we were in when we lived in Henderson. We (at least I do) miss this ward. It was the most welcoming, warm ward. We loved it for the short time we were there. We made more friends while in this ward then we have since. Ben and Joanne were one of our closest friends there. They now have a sweet little one year old daughter. It was nice to be able to meet her! Thanks for visiting with us and feeding us dinner (and delicious cheesecake)!


We were also able to visit with Julie and Adam. Adam is currently going to medical school full-time and Julie is in the process of trying to get her estitician license in Nevada and is currently look for a job. We met their dog named Winston. Winston is awesome. Him and I formed a bond that can never be broken. He wasn't much a of a fan of Skyler and didn't let him touch him, but me he liked:) After a nice long talk, they took us to see the house that they will be moving into soon. It was nice. Apparently they hadn't actually signed the papers for it yet, but knew the code to get in the door. There was a suprise for us when we went it, a security camera. Suprise! They didn't know it was there. Hopefully the bank will only watch the footage if vandalism happens to the house!


We had dinner with our wonderful friends who we stayed with, Mandi and Pat. It was nice to be able to chat it up and catch up again! Thanks again for letting us stay!


We spent the remaining two nights in a hotel. We didn't get out as much as I had hoped because I wasn't feeling too well. In fact, we really just relaxed in the hotel the whole time until the wedding on Monday evening. Our friends, Shasta and Sean, were being re-married at the Little White Chapel on the Strip. They have a 5 year old and one on the way. Due within days of me! So awesome. I was asked to photograph the wedding. We got some family/friend shots after and then went to the Vegas sign to get some there. By the time we got there, the other end of the strip, the sun was pretty much totally gone. But we got some shots anyways. We had some food and socializing afterwards.


We headed home the next afternoon. It was a nice little get-a-way. It was nice to be able to see some friends we haven't seen in years!!!

2 comments:

satomblablabla said...

wow, you just barely posted this because a few minutes ago, it wasn't here! Anyway, that makes me long for a road trip south of here. I always head through vegas to get to my mom's in az... so I have a lot of fond memories while stopping over in vegas.

You need to post some of the pics you took of that wedding... that'd be cool.

Kittyrunner said...

We were so happy to see you!! Sorry you weren't feeling the best--but we had fun visiting and I'm sure you loved watching Baby Einstein. :)