Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas Parties

And now for Christmas parties. The first one actually started on November 30th. This was the first year that we haven't had the Stahle Christmas party at my family's house in Kaysville in atleast 2 or 3 years. It had become such a nice place to do it. It was in a home, not a chapel, so it made it feel more homey and warm. And the spacious living room serves as a nice party room. However, I suppose my mom wanted a break from the entertaining this year. She was already scheduled to have a big cookie exchange in her home and that would be enough stress as it is. So this year, we had it at the lovely old chapel in Bountiful where my grandparents attend church.

After work, I rushed to make a treat which I was asked to bring. I decided to throw together some chocolate chip applesauce bars. I was actually quite impressed with them. They were tasty. Once Skyler got home, we were off. Half way there, I realized I hadn't put the bars in the car! All that work for nothing! So we stopped at the grocery store and bought some cookies to bring. So sad. I wanted to bring something homemade. Once we got there we ate, sang jungle-bells as we rang our own little bells, the kids decorated some cupcakes, and some spent a lot of time playing in the cultural hall. I was able to sit and talk with my grandpa one-on-one for a bit. I really enjoyed that. We don't get to do that very often.
Here are some of my favorites of that night. As you can tell, I was hanging out with the little kids a lot. They're the most fun to photograph. Click on the pics if you want to seem them bigger... and believe me, you do. They were cute little cuties!



We were also invited to a party on December 14th at our friend Cassie's place in Salt Lake. Though we had fun, we felt a tad bit odd as we were the only married people there. Everyone else was single. They all seemed so full of life with their singleness! We felt a little like boring married folk! But no it great, Cassie served up some kind of delicious salad and the yummiest pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I have probably every had. BTW I still want the recipe Cass. After some socializing, we watched Home Alone. Oh yah! I haven't seen that in years!





The next night, we threw our own little christmas gathering. And it was definately little. I had only invited the few childhood friends I had that still lived in Utah, which is a whopping 3 people. In addition, this was also going to be a going away party for Rachel and Brett, who are moving to California soon. So only 4 people were invited, and when one couldn't come, it was an even smaller bunch. However, it turned out alright I suppose.



I had our table full of goodies. I had our chocolate melting pot full of well... melted chocolate. With items for your dipping pleasure. We also had a cheeseball with crackers, and Rachel brought some chocholate chip cookies. We ate, socialized, and pulled out the guitar hero. Here are some pics.



No comments: