Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snow, snow, go away...



I must say that I am tired of snow. Actually, snow is quite lovely, but it's everything that comes with winter I don't much like. It seems we've had a lot of snow this season. This is very good for our water supply but not good for me. I'm already ready for Spring! The last couple of days we've had one of the biggest snowstorms yet this winter season. I hear the valley had up to a foot and a half Sunday night through Monday afternoon. I worked Sunday night. When I left work at 11pm it was only cold. I had no idea it was going to snow heavily through the night. When I left for work again at 6:30am the ground was totally covered. After I cleared my car of the snow I was off. I very much dislike driving in the snow, but by now I am used to it. But this time I seemed to be sliding more than usual. You see, our Montero SUV is probably the only one built without 4 wheel drive or atleast front wheel drive. Such a wimpy SUV. It likes the Vegas weater it origionally came from. Anywho, I was sliding all over and by the time I neard the freeway, I really felt like I shouldn't be driving in it anymore so I called Skyler who was still in bed at home. I told him that I was going to just wait for the plows to get everything and for the roads to be safer. He suggested that he just take me to work in his truck; his 4wd, truck with new winter friendly tires. So I head back home. I almost get there when I get stuck on 2nd avenue. I was blocking traffic, but cars managed to find a way to pass me. Finally I was able to get out and drove back home. We hoped in the truck and were off. Skyler and I both work semi-close to eachother. He works in Midvale and Sandy and I work in Murray so he just went straight to work after he dropped me off. Work was drama as usual, with teenage girls. Skyler picked me up after work and I hung out with him at his work for about 4 hours. Though I thought I would be bored, it wasn't too bad. Afterwards, we decided to go and see the movie 'The Kite Runner'. I had read the book quite awhile a go and was looking forward to seeing it. I kept waiting to see it because one of the girls who attends the treatment center where I work wanted to see it with me, but it turns out it was not approved because of the violence. So Skyler and I went to Brewvies to see it. Only $3 a person, sweet! I don't really know how I feel about it. I liked it, yet it dissapointed me. There were of course lots of things not included in the movie that were in the book, but in order for that to happen the movie would be several hours long. I suppose books are usually better than the movies, but it was a nice ending to a very long (snowy)day. Forcast: snow everyday for the next week. Great.

No comments: