Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

My family is pretty lucky. They never really have to "share" me with my in-laws. Other than last year when we spent Christmas with Skyler's parents in Washington, we've always just spent all holidays at my parents. This year we were able to have my grandparents (on my mom's side) over for Thanksgiving. It was so nice having them over. This year, my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner was homemade sweet rolls and oranged cranberry sauce. Both were a first for me and turned out wonderfully. So good!

My attempt at an autumn table arrangement
Grandpa, Grandma, mom, me
We played a couple games of Bingo. We ran out of markers so we used valentine candy.

Skyler and others played lots of wii. Skyler's arm and whole right side is still recovering from the workout.

We ended up staying over from Wednesday through Saturday. Friday, while all the boys worked, my mom and I watched movies all day. No black friday shopping for us, just relaxing! I think we ended up watching 6 movies by the time the day was over!

2 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

Looks like you had a great time.. Love the decorations!!

Kenley and Mel said...

Sounds like such a nice relaxing weekend with the family! (Those are always the best.) Congrats on the cooking you did this year!