Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas

Christmas was so wonderful this year. Skyler and I worked Christmas eve day. After work Skyler took a nap and I cleaned so that we would come home to a clean house. Have to come home to a clean house! Then we did a tiny bit of last minute shopping at Target, because Walmart was closed! Go Walmart! (Never thought I'd say that.) Then we went over to my family's house for a Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas story and singing by McKenzie. We stayed overnight. Natalie and Tony also stayed over.

Come Christms monring I was surprised when I got this!...


I had been hoping for a better quality compact camera. My other one was terrible.

Skyler got some nice shirts and slacks. I got him a nice leather wallet. His other wallet was so old and was really looking tacky. I also got him some necessary items to keep him warm on his walks to the bus stop. He didn't even have a warm coat or winter boots, etc. So he got some of that kind of stuff.


The highlight of my Christmas morning was when my dad had my mom, my sister, and myself sit together and pulled out a piece of paper from an envelope and began reading to us. He began to tell us that come March, were were going to be embarking on a cruise to Belize, Costa Maya, and Guatemala to see some possible ancient Book of Mormon sites. As he read on, my mom became tearful. When I saw her reaction, I did the same. It was a wonderful moment because my mom had been talking about wanting to do this for such a long time. I knew how much it ment to her. We are incredibly excited! I know that it won't come fast enough! Though I have a lot to do to get ready for it. I don't even have a passport!

There was a hawk outside of their kitchen window... Kinda cool.

We spent part of the evening at my grandparents house.

McKenzie and I outside

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way!!! That will be so fun. I am so jealous!

Mandi Roth said...

WOW!!! i can't believe it.. That is awesome!! :) how fun.. You were really good this year, huh??

Kenley and Mel said...

That is so great, sounds like you had a great Christmas! You're so cute!!

Brett - Rachel B said...

so excited to see the pictures you'll take on your trip!