Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year in Review

Near the end of 2007 I remember having a good feeling about the upcoming year. I knew that it was going to be a good year. My feeling was right. I mean nothing super major happened or anything, but as I look back it really was a good year overall.

THIS YEAR...
*I Took a family road trip to St. George to where my late great grandpa was honored for his contribution to the Clipper Paper. My grandpa and his siblings accepted the award in his behalf.
*We Purchased our first (non-clunker) car together in February and then we lost it in my car accident in September. Didn't get to enjoy it all that long! But I am grateful that I was not badly injured and that it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
*I helped my grandma celebrate her 80th birthday.
*I was able to see Ingrid Michaelson in concert and to meet her in person. Love her!
*I was able to see friends I don't get to see very often.
*I was able to attend some beautiful weddings of friends and family.
*Learned a lot about photography through hands on experience. P.S. thanks to all who allowed me to use you as my subjects. I couldn't have done it without you!
*Lived more simply. It is REFRESHING!
*I experienced a lot of physical pain and heartache.
*Celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary.
*Went to Thriller.
*Was there to see Brad open his mission call to Brazil!
*we bought lots of jam at the Farmer's market.
*Skyler tore his LCL, but healed up nicely.
*We were able to attend Stake Conference with President Monson Presiding. And the Tabernacle choir Christmas concert where he sat not close but not far from where we were sitting. It's an awesome feeling to sit so close to the prophet.
*I was able to meet some beautiful and sweet babies born to some of my friends!
*I learned a lot at my job.
*Read the Twilight Books and went to the movie. LOVE them, but I must admit, I'm tired of the hype and obsession surrounding them.
*Enjoyed spending LOTS of time with family. This was by far the best part about the year. Lots of simple but priceless memories.
*Walked in the walk for Diabetes
*Ate some good food
*Skyler turned 27, and I turned 25.
*Did pretty much zero travelling, but not because I didn't want to of course. I'm hoping to change this drastically in 2009!

I'm looking forward to a brand new year in 2009. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

Nice post- sounds like a solid year for you.
It was so great to see you, and Marie loves you so much. I can just tell if she likes someone by how calm she gets by those holding her, and she loves you.
What did you do to live more simply this year? I agree its the best way to live, but so hard sometimes to make the commitment.

Mandi Roth said...

wow you did have a lot of blessings in 2008, i hope you have even more in 2009. :)

Kenley and Mel said...

Sounds like 2008 was a great year for you too. I agree on the no traveling - we didn't do much and I hope that changes. Where are you hoping to go this year?