Monday, May 31, 2010

Time to remember

Now that the day is practically over, I have the chance to relax a little bit and make this post. Yesterday, a prayer in sacrament meeting left me feeling pretty emotional. It wasn't really an out of the ordinary prayer, but the things that we were said just hit me extra hard that day. They prayed that especially on this memorial weekend, that we would remember those who have gone before us and also those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. For some reason, my thoughts went immediately to my baby and how because of the sacrifice, whether it be for religious freedom, or freedom in general, my son can grow up with this freedom. This world can certainly be a scary world, but we do have so many freedoms and I have so much gratitude in my heart for my ancestors and so many others that paved the way for the betterment of so many.

1 comment:

Brett - Rachel B said...

HE's lucky to have such a smart mommy to!