Thursday, June 17, 2010

May 2010

~5 Years~
May 5th we celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary.
Skyler surprised me with flowers and breakfast (from IHOP;)

We planned on going out to dinner that night, but babysitter plans fell through so we ended up getting some take-out and spending the night at home. We made up for it that weekend and went out to dinner.
~~~
In 5 years... there have been good times, and there have been difficult times, but there is no one I'd rather spend my life and eternity with.
We help each other become better people.
We are complete opposites, yet so similar.
I can be a little too serious sometimes... He lightens up the mood.
and we both have an incredible love for our baby boy.

I look forward to what the next 5 years hold... and beyond!
~~~
Our old kitchen table has been bugging me for a while now so to save some money, I wanted to attempt to give it a little face lift myself. I thought painting it black might modernize is even just a little. So I made my first attempt at spray painting. It turned out to be a much bigger project than I anticipated... much. But I'm glad I did it. I like the look a lot better, though I'm still hoping to replace the table and chairs at some point. I still have some chairs to finish, but it's done for the most part. I'm happy with it

~~~
Mother's Day
My first Mother's Day!
~~~
On Mother's Day we were able to talk with Bradley, who is on his mission in Brazil. He was the financial secretary in the mission office (he has since transferred) so we were able to skype with him again. He could see a live video of us, and we could just listen to him. It was so nice to hear his voice. My favorite part is listening to his testimony in Portuguese; I can't understand what he is saying, but the spirit is so strong, it doesn't matter.

Mom was emotional after talking with Bradley.
Nothing that a grand-baby couldn't cure!
~~~
~~~
I went to a late lunch with some friends and old co-workers of mine, Chelsea and Jessica. These are some of my favorite people. They are very real and down to earth. I admire them so much. We just sat and talked for so long. I wish we did that more often.
~~~
Bedtime! Ya, you!
Westin loves to spend time with Aunt C'era when she comes visit!
(She is a little flash sensitive;)
~~~
Skyler has been making some delicious burgers lately. Sometimes Turkey, sometimes regular. They are so good! So juicy and flavorful!
Here is the chef sporting this wonderful pink apron!
I think it goes nicely with his shirt.~~~
We made our first attempt at landscaping. The area next to our front steps looked pretty terrible when we moved in and there was no way I was going to leave it like that. I wasn't sure what to do with it other than pull out the weeds. Skyler suggested we fill it with bark. I thought Stepping stones would be nice too. I couldn't find the stones I was picturing, but these are nice too.

Before:
After! What do you think?I hope the landlord won't mind! ha! I actually enjoyed this small landscaping project. I think I will enjoy landscaping our house in the future!
~~~
Britton transitioned from cubs to Boy Scouts and we were invited to the ceremony.
Westin with Great-Grandpa CookHe smiles with his mouth open wide:D
Why are tags so much cooler than his toys?Westin's IKEA highchair doesn't have a cover/cushion so he tends to hit his head on it. So I decided to use my limited sewing skills and make one with some fabric I had on hand. It was a complete experiment, but I think it turned out pretty good!
I love his sweet smile!
Brownie Stawberry Shortcake
It was quite good, but it turns out, I like brownies plain better.I've lost one of my memory cards which contain pictures from our Memorial Day hike! If a miracle happens and I find it, I'll post those.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Gorgeous Mother's Day bouquet! When Cee was first born someone gave us this pajama outfit that had tags all down the front (for 6-9 month) and we were like- ok this is weird - but then when it fit her she loved playing with those tags! haha so funny what they like.

Mandi Roth said...

Happy Anniversary!! Looks like a nice day! Love what you did with the table and i'm so glad you got to talk to your brother, So fun!! :) Looks like a nice Mother's day also!!