Thursday, March 31, 2011

Westin's chair makeover

I'm going to skip some of my smaller projects and go right to my favorite project that I've tackled so far.

Meet the ugly blue chair...


Way back, awhile before Christmas, I thought it would be fun to get Westin a comfy chair his size to sit in as a Christmas present. Then through my research found out how expensive they are. So I put the idea out of my mind. Then one day at the DI, I spotted a little blue rocking chair! I swear there were angles singing and light was shinning on the chair. I couldn't believe it. I found one! And it was only $10! Though it was pretty ugly and dirty, I saw potential in it. I had to have it.

Here is a closer look at how dirty and gross it is.
 
Finally, in February I tackled the project.
First I took it apart one staple at a time.
This was definitely the most grueling part about it all!
I'll spare you all the details....


Here is the finished product!


Ta-da!
 

 I'm so happy how it turned out. The fabric is so perfect for a children's chair. Bright and colorful. Perfect for my little Westin.

Before         &           After

 Now if only he sat in it for more than 3 seconds!

3 comments:

Carol Davis said...

So cute. You did such a good job. I have tired to redo a chair and it didn't turn out like that. So cute. Your little guys is so big and cute.

Heather said...

Awesome Nic!

Kris and Kelli said...

We've made it a tradition to buy the kids their own chair when they turn 1 and they've been probably the best investment for them. You're so talented to do it for so cheap. Believe me, Westin will love it and you'll be so glad you did it.