Friday, February 29, 2008

Ingrid Michaelson


Joshua Radin & Ingrid Michaelson


Last night I was able to see Josh Radin and Ingrid Micaelson Live with some friends. I was pretty happy that they were playing together. It's kind of rare for me to actually like more than one act. I happen to like them both almost equally. I may however, be somewhat more partial to Ingrid Michaelson. I just adore her voice. It is pretty unique and lovely. It impressed me how wonderful she is live. Just an amazing voice.
One thing that suprised me about Joshua was that there is apparently a story behind every song that he wrote. He told us briefly about the story behind each of his songs before he sang them. Which I unfortunatly only caught bits and pieces of because we were up top and the sound system in this place is miserable. Thankfully it got better when they sang.
Here's a video I took with my pocket camera. I appoligize about the lack of quality. This particular song Ingrid was trying to see if we could manage to clap correctly while she sang, and then stop when she gestured to stop. Someone from the crowd shouted out that we've been to primary so we should be good to go. It was pretty funny. Didn't get that on the video though. I just stuck to videoing it instead of clapping. Who knows how embarrassing that would have been had I messed up!


Untitled from nicolette on Vimeo.

No comments: