Saturday, February 23, 2008

New opportunity

So I very well may be on my way to fulfilling my dream to become a professional photographer. Well I'm taking it step-by-step and very slowly. This is one of the first steps towards that; gaining experience.
I was just hired on as a photographer at a professional photography company (Well I haven't even yet done the fun paperwork, but she told me I'm hired so that counts!) I will keep my current part-time job and have this in addition. When I inquired about the position, I assumed that it was just an assistant photographer position, but no. It's an actual photographer photographer position! This company does wedding photography (including engagments and bridals), maternity, baby photography (my favorite), as well as senior portraits, etc.
I will first just bring my equipment out to shoots with the main photographer, Courtney is her name, and be a second photographer for awhile. I suppose I will be learning some by observation and experience both. She is due in 5 weeks but has been having complications so it really could be anytime. After she gets a little break, we'll get going on training mid-late April. After a few months of training I will completely on my own. To be honest, this terrifies me! But I suppose, after some trainging from her I will feel much more confident and ready. Hopefully.

3 comments:

thebelnapfam said...

Congrats that is so cool!!! I need to hire you to take some pics of Haylee this spring!!!

Heather said...

Hey that's awesome! Congrats. What company is it?

Brett - Rachel B said...

awesome! tell us how it goes!