Friday, February 1, 2008

Our New Car!!!



We came home with this beautiful car last night. It's a 2007 Ford Fusion. It's not the car I've had my eye on. In fact I hadn't even heard of the "Fusion" before last night. But I love it! Skyler had been looking for cars on the side. Our SUV wasn't necessarily all that safe in the snow and we wanted a car with better gas mileage. I didn't actually think we would be getting one any time soon. But a few days ago Skyler actually called a dealership that he had seen on tv. I guess those annoying commercials do work sometimes;) Anyways, a few days later they called and said they found us a car in our price range. We decided to drive down the the dealership just for fun and check it out. We knew we liked it from first sight. So bascially after one small drive we wanted it.
The funny part is is that this was like the coolest dealership ever. First off I'll start by saying that no, we didn't get suckered into anything by their charm. We already wanted the car so everything else was just for fun I suppose. First of all, they found us a great car! Then our experince there was so much fun! haha. Before we even sat down they gave us both some popcorn to munch on. He kept complimenting me on my curly hair. He told Skyler he done good in picking his wife. I liked this guy;) Then we came to find out that one of the salesman helping us was from one of the towns that Skyler served his mission in for about 8 or 9 months in Washington. They just sat and talked about that for quite a while. By this time, the salesman claimed he felt some amount of kinship towards Skyler and wanted to see if he could get us more for our trade-in. He did end up offering more for the Montero Sport than we had been offered in the past. After all the fun paperwork and financing, the first salesman, the one who brought out the popcorn before, asked us if we wanted some fresh Tamales. So we ate them at his desk. When the car was ready for us, he gave us hugs instead of handshakes. So after a night of food, socializing, and some overall goodtimes at the dealership we were off with our new car. Yah!

No comments: