Friday, March 14, 2008

Trip to St. George

Last Friday I went with some of my family to St. George. Skyler stayed behind. The trip was a good excuse to get away and to soak in some warmer weather, but the initial reason for going was that my late great grandpa was being honored for being put into the Newspaper Hall of Fame. He started the Davis County Clipper. Friday night we met up with my moms sister, Sara, and her husband, Scott who live there. They showed us around their lovely home.

Aunt Sara and Uncle Scott

Saturday morning was when the award was to be given. We ate some breakfast at the tables while someone from the Utah Press read a 4 or 5 page small history about him. Which I enjoyed because I didn't know anything about him previous to this. Then my grandpa and his siblings accepted the award on their dads behalf. We got lots of family pictures and then we were off for some family adventures of sorts. We all packed into cars and drove to the Santa Clara cemetary. Many of my ancestors immigrated from Switzerland and ended up in St. George.

My grandpa wanted to go and look at some of the old grave stones. There were so many headstones that had different spellings of what has now been simplified to Stahle. we wern't sure which was ours. Then we all drove up to Snow Canyon. Skyler and I had hiked here awhile back when we stayed in St. George for our one year anniversary.


We all did a small hike and some of us climbed the rocks to the top. It was much easier getting up than down!

Scott & Sara's sweet ride

Next we ate lunch at the famous Larson's Frost stop and brought our lunch to the park. The weather soon turned pretty windy and so we didn't really stay too long.
But we did stay long enough to get to drive Sara & Scott's convertable around. I got whistled at by some young guys. Wahoo! I still got it! (Shhh... I know they were probably just whistling at the car, not me but I can just pretend!)

How does the wind-blown look look on me?

Sunday morning sunrise from our hotel room


Sunday Morning we met up with most of the family at the Bear Paw for delicious breakfast.





Haley, my cousins adorable daughter

Before we left for home, we had some time to spare so we walked around the red rocks for a bit.


1 comment:

thebelnapfam said...

WOW looks like a fun trip, wish I was there...oh I was....hehe That was a cute post!!!