Monday, March 31, 2008

Wow, talk about exhausted! I really should be taking a nap right now but, I think I am so tired that I'm not even tired anymore. Saturday morning Skyler was at work and I was trying to sleep in when a strange noise woke me up. I thought it was our neighbors perhaps using a jack hammer in their living room. But then I checked outside. It turned out to be a woodpecker or some bird like it, that was pecking at the metal thing above the chimney. The bird must have been facinated that it could make these noises with it's beak. Interesting how I could hear it so loudly in the basement. I wonder how loud it must have been for the top floor! I thought it was pretty funny. Eventually he must have gotten a headache and flew away. Saturday was wonderful. We went out together and did some errands. We bought a big shelve from Lowes to organize. Now our entry closet is finally organized:) Next project... the garage. Frightening! Anyways, the day was great until we had a bit of a silly argument (to put it politely). By the end of the night, very very late in the night, every single picture containing Skyler and myself were no longer on the wall or anywhere. The point of that... I don't know. No, I have no temper at all... I swear it! ;) I had a chuckle when I got home from work today. Our walls were almost completely empty! I didn't really realized how many pictures of us I had around. Hopefully I'll get them all back up tonight.
Sunday I worked a double. This is never a good thing in my opinion. I always dread having to do this. As if that's not bad enough, I was team leader, meaning I can't sit around as much as I could otherwise. Woe is me! Then I hear from Skyler later on, that he met Sheri Dew at church. I was so jealous! I really admire her. That would have been pretty cool to meet her. Then let's just say the night at work was more eventful than anyone was hoping for. Then I had to be to work again bright and early today and be TL again. I really can't complain though. Today was nice and simple. The whole time I was at work I was dreaming of a nap. Then I get home and I'm not tired at all. Funny how that works.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

That sounds like something I would do with the pictures. hehe.. So I totally understand completely. If you need to talk, call or email me. I hope your doing alright. I hope you got some rest, you are probably exhausted. Nice of the bird to wake you...Luv You!!

Stephanie said...

Don't worry, I remember that stage of our marriage pretty well. Once kids come along, the time and energy for "silly arguments" seems to disappear. I'm glad you found our blog. My Mom mentioned awhile back that you had moved to Salt Lake. I bet it's nice to be closer to your family. Doug actually lives here in Las Vegas now--about 10 minutes away from us. Brent and Amanda moved to Denver a couple of summers ago and are expecting their first baby in June. It's nice hearing from you.