Monday, October 6, 2008

My front yard is famous!!!

Saturday afternoon we got into our car in the pooring rain to head up to my parents house for conference weekend. We noticed a few guys setting up a fake landscape scenery in front of our house near the stream. I was confused, but didn't really think much of it.
When we returned home Sunday night, we noticed a police car/security car park outside our house and the street was blocked off so we could not park there. My first reaction was worried because I didn't know what was going on, but we soon realized what was going on when we read a notice on our door. We had a paper taped to our door from a production company stating that they would be filming Monday and Tuesday. It had some brief info about the film and then some contact info incase we had any questions or concerns.
After I got home from work today, I just sat in font and kind of watched them all because of course, I had nothing better to do. They were preparing to film inside my neighbors house. They were blockin off all of the windows so light wouldn't shine through. After they were done with that they started filming inside. I heard "rolling!" and "cut!" several times.




The street full of trucks


I am assuming that this sign is for the film because this isn't a hotel... it's a reception center.



The film in production is called "Waiting for Forever". From what I've read, it's a low budget film. However, all or most of the actors in the film I've atleast heard of. Rachel Bilson and Tom Sturridge are few of them. Here is an article about it.

4 comments:

Mandi said...

How exciting.. I bet that was fun to watch.

Kittyrunner said...

That's cool! I hope I can see it. I would be like you and try to see what they were doing. :)

Kittyrunner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kenley and Mel said...

That is so awesome! I will have to keep my eye out for that film!