Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kalai concert and STEP OUT


Friday night we went to see KALAI live at the Thanksgiving Point amphitheater. It was special for us because Skyler introduced me to Kalai's music about 4 years ago while we were dating. I have memories of visiting him in Vegas and driving around with Kalai blasting from the speakers.
I had the oportunity of seeing him twice while I was living in Provo. I took some roomates to see a show and he also played a free show in my apartment's lobby/lounge area as well. But Skyler and I have not been to see him together until now!



Skyler got off late so by the time we got there the opening act was just ending and the place was packed. We threw a blanket down in the very back. Since we were so far back, we didn't really even worry about watching him much. We just layed down, listened, and looked at the stars. It was nice and relaxing. Apparently he has a hymn album out, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. He sang an amazing version of "Be still my soul". It was awesome.

---



Saturday morning my mom and I joined a few of my extended family members in the Walk for Diabetes. This ment something to me because my mom has type 1 diabetes. I have seen how controlling this disease can be and the negative and draining effects of it. I walked for my mom and for everyone else with diabetes and all of those who will someday have it. I loved it. It was short and simple but ment so much! Thanks Carlee for inviting us! It was a good experience. I hope to do it again next year.


1 comment:

Brett - Rachel B said...

I've never heard of that guy- he's great. You know your calling in life is to tell me about cool music right? Heather was ment to dress me, and you were ment to help keep me in-the-know about all things cool. Apparently both of you have been sleeping on the job cause I look like crap and have been listening to the same "Roswell" soundtrack since 1999.
Oh- and p.s. enjoy those cool things with Skylar before you have kids... sigh... 10 weeks in and I'm already buggin' to get out. Oh well.
And thats so rad about the diabetes walk. I should tell Jesse about it. He lives in Bountiful and has type 1 also. Kudos to your mom- that's so hard having diabetes.