Sunday, June 28, 2009

New Calling

A few weeks ago Skyler was released from serving in the Elders Quorum Presidency in which he has served in for over 2 1/2 years. He served diligently and we were so blessed. However, it came as a relief when he was released; probably to both of us, but mostly me. It had felt like such a long time since we were able to walk to church together, and sometimes even walk home from church together. And his time at home and at church were often occupied with helping others. I think I was feeling neglected. Selfish I know!

So not even a few weeks after being released we were called into the bishoprics office for Skyler to receive a new calling. He has been called to serve in the Sunday School presidency. I think immediately my heart sank a little bit. I finally got my husband back! I think Satan was trying to bring me down. However, Skyler accepted and I accepted the call to support him. On the way to home I cried. I know that it was 99.9% pregnancy hormones because let me tell you, those have been out of control for the last 6 months! But eventually I composed myself and told him that I will be 100% supportive of him and his calling to serve the Lord in his church.

2 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

Good for you! I totally empathize. Every Tuesday night I'm home alone with the baby after a long day alone bymyself. Brett's at mutual. But then I realize, that someday it will be my kid at mutual and I'll completely expect somebody to be giving their "all" so my kid can have good experiences with the church.
Maybe it'll be easier when you get your baby to snuggle!
Hope all is well!

satomblablabla said...

omg... you poor thing. darn those pregnancy hormones... they really are a pain in the behind... and yes, i totally agree with you that they are the culprit of this sadness! i'm glad that you recognize this and are pulling yourself together for skyler and all those he will be serving.