Sunday, June 7, 2009

Progressing

I'll introduce you to my garden. We don't have any good land to plant a garden, but I've been wanting to plant one ever since we moved here so this year I decided to do some pottery gardening. I bought a few big pots and used a few I already had, and got some good advice and free soil from Kenley, my cousin's husband, and I was all set. However, I still felt inadequate, seeing as I have never planted a garden before, so I took a a free class at a local nursery where they got me started.

Most of my garden is now about 6 weeks old. We've already eaten most of the sweet peas. They were getting really big and calling my name. It's been fun to partake of my own garden! Soon enough we'll have some cherry tomatoes and green beans!





1 comment:

Kenley and Mel said...

Funny, I was just about to email you and ask you how your garden was turning out. IT LOOKS GREAT!!! I am so glad it's turning out for you! Awesome job!