Friday, June 5, 2009

22/23 weeks

23 weeks 2 days (I obviously feel bigger than I look!)


I say "22/23" because I wrote the following at 22 weeks but I never got around to getting Skyler to get a picture for week 22, so the quick self-portrait at 23 weeks will do.

I don't mind being pregnant. I can say that because I am in the second trimester; not sick like I was in the first, or huge like I'll be in the third. I feel great. I have never felt so amazing before. People keep telling me I have the "pregnancy glow" and I haven't been denying it because I know I do! It's really changed how I carry myself wherever I am; at work, or just out and about. Not just the slight waddling, but I tend to have a slight smile on my face most of the time.

He has been kicking a lot in the last 2 or 3 weeks. I love it! It's the coolest thing. Earlier this week we were at a movie, Angles and Demons, and he was kicking a ton! Skyler sat with his hand on my tummy while all the action in my tummy was going on. Skyler loves to be able feel him moving around. It's definitely an awesome way for daddy's to feel more of a connection to the baby during pregnancy.

Choosing a name is the big topic of discussion around these parts. We have a huge list of names we are fond of. Most of the names on the list are names I started putting together for the last 4 years or so. Whenever I would hear, or think of a good name I would add it to the list. Luckily Skyler and I have very similar taste in names so when we set our minds to choosing a name, it shouldn't be too much of a battle.

4 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

You look amazing! Yay BABIES!!!

Mandi Roth said...

You look so cute! Glad you took your own pic. Keep smiling!! :) can't wait to hear what you pick out for a name.

Kittyrunner said...

great pics, Nicolette. Awesome garden!

Kenley and Mel said...

Ohh you look so cute!Yay for your lil baby and good luck on finding a name.