Sunday, July 26, 2009

30 Weeks!!!

30 weeks is a milestone for me. Not sure why exactly. It's just a number, but nonetheless I'm quite glad and relieved that we've reached it. Only about 10 more weeks to go!

I'm feeling pretty good, though I'm beginning to feel exhausted most of the time. I think I've spent more time in bed during my pregnancy than I ever have before. I wasn't much a of nap taker before, but I LOVE and need them now!



My hair is almost a couple of inches shorter here. It definately feels shorter to me, but it's not really a big enough difference that people would notice. I'm thinking I may go shorter and shorter. Who knows; we'll see. I should have thought about this before the summer!

It's so hot! I never really believed anyone when they kept saying how horrible it will be that I'll be pregnant during the hot summer months. I didn't think it was going to be anything bad, I love summer. But I've began to see what they're talking about. I tend to only feel comfortable when the AC is on full blast and everyone else is saying its cold. However, we don't have AC in our apartment. We live in the basement so it tends to be cooler naturally, but not cool enough. I'm dyin' in here. The 2 other floors have their own swamp cooler, but we don't have one. We have our celing fan and other fans on full blast and it's still hot!

I was telling Skyler just the other night how unprepared I feel. Really, the only aspect where I feel prepared is that mentally I'm ready to be a mom. I'm ready for this new journey in my life. I am SO ready. I've known I've wanted this my whole life. I can't believe the time for that is just about here. But I feel unprepared for his arrival in just about every other way. I feel my knowledge of caring for helpless human being is completely inadequate. But then again nobody is truely prepared until you're thrown into it. I know that all I can do is my best and take it as it comes, and ask my mom millions of questions!;)

4 comments:

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

I'd bet you'll be surprised at how much of it comes naturally. Of course, you'll still be lost occasionally and wonder 600 times if you should call the doctor, but that baby will love you! I'm so excited for you, congrats!

satomblablabla said...

and trust me, you will! --ask your mom a million questions, that is.

dude, i'm gonna say, "I told you so" with the whole summer pregnancy thing. you don't really know it until you experiencing it, huh! and it'll be bad till the very end, unfortunately, as we are still in july! But I'm way excited for this new journey... and more excited to read future posts on the joys and trials of your new motherhood!

Heather said...

Your hair looks really cute and I think there is definitely a trend to cut your hair shorter and shorter when you have a baby.
I know what it's like to not have a/c and we are on the 2nd floor! Ugh. I don't miss those days but you'll make it. =)
And it does come more natural than you think but reading the baby whisperer helped a TON! You'll be great. I'm getting so excited for you.

Shasta said...

You are so freaken cute! I love that we are the same in prego stages. Its cute to see you feeling all the same things I felt the first time around. And reminding me how different and the same it is the 2nd time around. You will be a wonderful mother. You have a very kind a gentle spirit, perfect for the little people! Hope all continues to go well...and when you get to hot, remember i am in vegas! :(
KIT!
-Shasta