Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July weekend

Dad decided to do things a little different this year for the 4th of July. On July 3rd, he took us all to Pineview reservoir to do some jet skiing. Though I couldn't jet ski this year it was still nice to just relax on the lakes beach with mom.







After the lake, we went to the condo where we'd be staying for the night. McKenzie had to be taken home before dinner so she could get ready to be in some of the parades. She had to be up at 4am! We had dinner and watched a movie on the wall courtesy of the projector Skyler brought up. It was nice. It was almost like we were in a movie theater. Here's the view from the back of the condo. It was so peaceful here!


Here was our room



In the morning there were hot air balloons flying all over the sky.


We usually have breakfast in Kaysville every year but this year we tried out the breakfast that the city of Huntsville has on the 4th. I hope I don't scare you too much without make-up.


And here she is in all her glory! Kenzie in the color guard for Davis High! We were so giddy to see her. We were bummed that they weren't doing their moves when they were passing us, but it was fun to see her.



Here's video we got of her as well. Yeah, that's mom screaming in the background.




The boys lighting some fireworks


our delicious dinner. The best part was the grilled corn on the cob. My favorite.


This year we went to watch the fireworks on the lawn at the church. I failed to bring my tripod so we used the camera bag to stabilize the camera, but it was too awkward for me to be on my stomach so these very cool pictures were taken by Skyler. I love fireworks! I enjoyed feeling baby kick a ton while they were going off.

2 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

What a fun weekend. Sorry we didn't get to see each other. I'm glad you guys had fun! and you got some amazing firework pictures.

Heather said...

Good old Kaysville fireworks (and parade). I love them! Last year I was so close to my due date I didn't feel like going out so we did nothing. This year we found a cool place for fireworks and Cee loved them.