Friday, December 18, 2009

Thanksgiving '09

This year was such a special Thanksgiving for our family. We welcomed some of Skyler's family over for Thanksgiving dinner. We had his parents and sister and brother-in-law. His parents actually flew in from Seattle on Thanksgiving day. It was Skyler's parents' first time meeting Westin.

My heart was so full on Thanksgiving. I was so excited to have my family, (excluding my brother, Bradley, but including my grandparents) and also Skyler's family, and of course Westin all together. It was really cool to bring both families together to get to know each other and eat yummy food of course!

For Thanksgiving, I made cranberry sauce again. Oranged-Cranberry sauce to be exact. I made it last year and my mom liked it so much she suggested I make it again. I had forgotten that the batch makes way too much and so there was a ton left-over. I have so much fun making it though. It's such a fall food item.



I also made the very deliciousy soft pumpkin cookies again. I just gobble these up so fast so it's good I took (pretty much) all of them to my parents house and out of mine.


I threw together some decorations for the table. I actually ran around town the day before trying to find better fall decor but that was a bad idea. Stores apparently take that stuff off the floors by then. So I just bought some mixed nuts; walnuts, brazillian, almonds, hazelnuts, etc. and thew them in a tall vase and some smaller vases of mine. Then I grabbed a twig from my paents yard and stuck it in the tall one. And just stole a fall garland from elsewhere in my mom's house and wa-lah! You have an earthy fall table.




One of first times holding her first grandson.
Grandma Francis

Our little family and Westin sticking his tongue out to the camera:)

No comments: