Tuesday, December 8, 2009

St. George weekend

The first weekend in November my mom asked me if I would like to go down to St. George with her to support Kenzie in her band competition. She is in the colorguard. Davis High was one of many bands that were competing in St. George. I debated about going. I loved the idea of getting out of the house! But I knew that a road trip would be lots of work. I decided to go for it. We ended up leaving much later than expected because it took me forever to get things ready for a roadtrip with a baby!



My dads brothers family live in St. George and they offered up their community guest house for us to stay at while we were in St. George. This was by far the best part about the trip. This was so much nicer than staying at a hotel. We had a whole house to ourselves! The house had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, workout area, and a very large, open living room. It also had a nice walking path right behind the house on the red rock. Mom went on a walk with Westin. I didn't go. I stayed back to sleep! We were so grateful that they allowed us to stay there. We were tempted to stay longer than the weekend!




McKenzie performed at Dixie College with the Davis High School Band. We got there late because I had to feed Westin but just barely in time to watch her peform. I love to watch her do her thing. She's a great performer whether she's doing flag, or signing, etc.

Duncan home off in the distance

The Duncan family invited us over for a treat Saturday night and showed us around their very lovely home. Such a warm cozy home. You could really feel the spirit so strongly. They also invited us over for lunch on Sunday afternoon. We had some dessert, did some chatting, and we were able to play a fun game as well. It was fun getting to know my cousins who I don't get to see very often. Thanks for having us!

2 comments:

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandi Roth said...

That's a nice guest house. I'm glad you went and got away and it wasn't too bad with the baby! You look great!