Sunday, December 27, 2009

Westin's baby blessing

We were able to have Westin's blessing on November 29th, Thanksgiving weekend while family was in town. We attend church at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and were able to bless him in the chapel there. The blessing was beautiful. I was told by some of the men in the blessing circle that Westin just looked up wide-eyed at Skyler the entire time. Makes me smile. What a sweet little guy.

Here we are in front of the Christmas tree in the lobby

After the blessing we had a gathering with friends and family at my family's house. Unfortunately our apartment wasn't an option because it's maximum capacity is about 5, and that's generous.
We kept the food pretty simple but I wanted to experiment a little and make something special for Westin's blessing. Here is the Apple Cider Budnt Cake I decided on. It turned out to be really pretty tasty.



5 comments:

Andrea said...

Sorry I couldn't make it finding a sub in our ward for nursery is a nightmare. He is a handsome little boy.

Mandi Roth said...

So Sweet!! I love the pictures. They are great! The food looks yummy! What a sweet boy!

Brett - Rachel B said...

Congrats! Your life looks beautiful!

Kenley and Mel said...

He is the cutest little guy I've ever seen! You have such an adorable little family!

Kittyrunner said...

You guys are such cute parents! Babies are amazing.