Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The audacity!

Ok, so I am just a bit upset. I just found out that our upstairs neighbors decided to take the liberty and switch off our power completely. Here is why she thinks that she had the right.
Around 1pm I was listening to music, the Beatles to be exact. I was not playing it loud whatsoever. I never play it too loud. I try to be very considerate of our neighbors. She must have thought otherwise. However, I will say that when they play their music, they play it loud enough that I feel like I'm in da club and can sing along if I wanted to. Do I complain? No.
I was also hammering 2 nails into the wall earlier this afternoon because I have been rearranging some pictures of my photography on the wall. She called the landlord and complained that I woke up her kid from a nap. I feel bad that I happened to be hammering when he was asleep, but how was I supposed to know what time he sleeps!? I will add, I cannot count how many times I have been woken up from a nap of my own by their loud loud little boy. Have I ever complained? Nope. Anyways, she called and complained about these two things, then decided to turn off our power in addition. I sat in our house without power, in the dark for 3 hours! Then Skyler gets home and calls the landlord asking if he knows why it would be out when he could see that the upstairs power was on. He says that she had complained and to check the breaker out back. Sure enough! I can't wait until we have a home and don't have to worry about this anymore! ...Luckily I hear they are moving next month. Thank you!

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Oh my... that is soo rude., How could your landlord do that without asking you about it first, or giving you a warning.. Kick them out. That is soo not nice. Good luck.. I hate apartments for that same reason, never had the power turned off.

thebelnapfam said...

WOW the sucks! I hope they move out soon and you get better people living there!!!

Kenley and Mel said...

That had to have been so annoying. I have to say well done on not ever complaining about her though. I know if I was in your situation and I found out she turned off my power… lets just say she would of heard some not very nice words from me! So I admire your self-control. Hopefully she will be moving out soon then you will never have to worry about her again.

satomblablabla said...

wow, you are too nice of a person, nicolette. i would have wailed on her!