Friday, April 11, 2008

First session in training

Tonight I met up with Courtney, the photographer I will be working for, and the couple she was to be taking engagements of. Tonight will be the first of perhaps many sessions where I will "shadow" her of sorts. I was kinda nervous, I hadn't yet worked with anyone but a family member or friend, or someone I already knew. So this was different. But I was pretty excited as well.
We all met up at the International Peace Gardens in Salt Lake City. I didn't even know this place existed until then. This place is great! This is a wonderful place for bridals and engagements. I would probably say it's more ideal for bridals, but it seems that it would work great for both.
This couple was lots of fun. The girl was just gorgeous! The camera just loved her!
Courtney, had me shoot candid shots in addition. It was lots of fun. I was able to learn some stuff while shooting. Sadly, these are not mine to share, even though I took them. It'll be property of the company now:( I loved the shots so much. I wish I could share them. It's killin' me that I can't!

4 comments:

satomblablabla said...

yeah... killin' me too! I want to see what you're talking about. You should come over and share some stories with my husband...he loves photography and wants to do more with it!

Mandi said...

ohhh i want to see. too bad. Well I guess once you are doing your own we can see them. How exciting. i am so glad you are starting this.. Enjoy!! I bet they are great.

Stephanie said...

I totally went to the singles ward with Bryan Cox. Is he married yet? He took my family pic's back in ohhhh 2003 I think. Very talented

Nicolette said...

Steph- That's cool you went to the same singles ward. Not sure if he's married yet. I actually remember looking for a ring and didn't see one. So I will assume he's not.