Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yihaw!


My family invited Skyler and I to the Ogden Rodeo last night. Last time I went to a rodeo was when I went to UVSC. I was on the student body and helped plan activities and the rodeo was one of them. Last night was a great night for a rodeo. The weather was perfect. The night started off with some parachuters gliding down into the stadium.


Look at that cowboy family!


If I would have remembered that we had them, I would have had Skyler and I wear our cowboy hats. I assumed we didn't own anything cowboy related but, once we were already there I remembered that Skyler bought a black cowboy hat from Hot Topic when we were dating. Now there's a true cowboy right there! And we hat aquired another had at some point.

Random cowboys


Near the end, in the bull riding, a guy got bucked off and the bull came down on this guys knee caps! He was carried off on a stretcher. That was pretty scary! But I guess that kind of thing is expected in bull riding. (Not video above)
Oh... yes and I can't foget to mention that a big old moth flew into my shirt! I saw and felt something dive right into my shirt and snuggle next to my bosom and I immediately freaked out. I didn't seem to care that we were surrounded by many cowboy strangers. Anyhow, I pulled the thing out and all was well.
Going to the rodeo made me want to watch some good ol' cowboy or horse related movies. No, not John Wayne movies, I was thinking more along the lines of 8 Seconds or Wild Hearts Can't be Broken. I need to go rent those!

1 comment:

thebelnapfam said...

Looks like fun, I have not been to a rodeo in forever. Wild hearts can't be broken was my favorite movie growing up. I just bought it the other day at best buy for like 6 bucks. I thought I would just buy it since it was like 2 dollars more than renting it....hehe!!! Tell your family HI.