Sunday, July 27, 2008

Saturday's Events

Researching his ancestry has been Skyler's latest obsession. It turns out that Archibald Gardner is an ancestor of his. That isn't saying too much becuse Archibald had 11 wives! So there are of course many many descendents. Archibald built the mill that is a large part of what is now Gardner Village in West Jorden.
Skyler took me out to check it out. We ate at the restarant then strolled around looking at the shops.

Skyler isn't so good with pictures in the sun;)



Afterwards, we went to see Dark Night. We hadn't seen it until now because we had both been sick. I am a big Christian Bale fan so this was hard for me to wait.
Later, my mom asked me if I would go to the Mormon Tabernacle Chior/The Osmonds concert with her. She didn't have tickets so we were going to have to chance it doing standby. We finally got in after waiting in line in the heat for about an hour. They sat us pretty close, but on the far left side. At first, I wasn't all too interested in going. I just wanted to stay home, but I ended up being so glad that I went. I ended up crying almost the whole time! Pretty emotional lately:) There was one point when after The Osmonds sang a song, and one of the brothers was having a hard time singing becuase he was full of tears, then audience gave them a very long standing ovation, which made him and most of the other brothers and Marie cry as well, which of course makes me cry. I can't see someone else cry and not cry myself. It was beautiful and fun. So grateful that my mom took me along.

1 comment:

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

I DO remember, and actually read your blog fairly often, too! It sounds like things have been overall great for you! Thanks, and keep posting.