Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Twilight



Ok, so I am a little slow. For the longest time I resisted the temptation to read Twilight becuase I had convinced myself that anything to do with vampires or anything of that kind of so-called fantasy fiction is not for me.
But I tend to read books that are on the best seller lists, that helps to narrow down the millions of books that look like a good read. And this was a best seller for sure. I kept hearing this and that about this series. So... I tried it. I finished it today. SO GOOD! I haven't read a book this big, this fast ever! (I didn't read the Harry Potter books *please don't send me hate mail!) I know most of you have already read the Twilight series and probably feel the same as me. Awesome book.
I resisted watching the trailer until I finished the book. I immediately came home from work and watched it. Though nothing can compete with how I imagined it in my own mind and no boy could look as amazing as Stephanie described Edward to be, I'm still planning on going to see it and I'm pretty excited about it!

5 comments:

Heather said...

See.... it is good! I read it in 2 days. haha. Now you've got a few weeks to read the other two before the fourth comes out.

Anonymous said...

i still need to read it. So your not the last one. haha! I have got to get on it before the movie comes out.

satomblablabla said...

well, you've got me interested!

thebelnapfam said...

I have just started reading it as well. But it is taking be a while, it is hard to get a lot of reading in with a 2 year old...hehe

Kenley and Mel said...

I love that book. I have never read books for my own liking; it was always because teachers demanded it. But this book....I read it in 2 days. Got the second read it in 2 days then I had to wait while my sis finished the third one. But I just finished that one yesterday!!! Those books are the best books I have ever read. I have to agree with you Nicolette I was quite hesitant to read a book about vampires. But now I am addicted!