Saturday, September 20, 2008

Here are some pictures of our poor car...






Thursday night I was at a wedding reception of Jeremy, a co-worker of mine. It was near Sugarhouse area on Highland Drive. First a ring ceremony, then dinner, and socializing. I sat with Laura, also a co-worker. We had a nice time. We decided to leave early. We both got into our cars and left.

Before I entered an intersection, I briefly noticed a car waiting and ready to turn left. But I didn't think for a second that they would actually turn. I proceeded through a yellow light and next thing I knew, I was hit... very hard. Before I knew it, airbags were going off everywhere and the car was no longer moving but just sitting in the middle of the intersection, turned 90 degrees to the right.

I pretty quickly realized what had happened and got out of the car. Luckily Laura was near, a few cars over and saw what happened. She didn't realized it was me that was hit until she saw me wondering around on the sidewalk. She gave me her iPhone to call Skyler becuase my phone was still in the car. I was crying and shaking quite bit. I was worried I'd drop her phone. In my hysterical voice, told Skyler that I was in an accident and the car was smashed in! At first he didn't realize it was me. In a soft, very sweet voice, he said, "Who are you looking for?" I said, "It's me! Nicolette!" He told me he was on his way.

The firemen were there pretty quick. They looked over both of us that were involved in the accident. They did some vitals on me and said I was fine. They sat with the other lady for a little while because she was in shock. Later on she was cited for not yielding.

I had only a few scratches. My left knee was hit and feels really tender. I am expecting a big old bruse any time now. And my left arm had pretty bad airbag burn. My leg hurt to walk on and my wrists hurt to move, so I had some x-rays done just to be safe. Everything looked fine though. They just gave me a wrist brace thing to wear just so it will heal better and so I don't move it around too much. I'm also starting to feel some sorta bad neck/shoulder pain from the sideways whiplash. I've been told other things will likely manifest themselves in the coming days. But overall I doing just fine. I am very very grateful that things went as well as they did. Things really could have been a lot worse than they were.

As for the car, it was smashed in 2 feet and to the left about a foot. It's pretty messed up according to Skyler. It's now in the hands of those who will tell us if it will be totaled out or fixed. We'll see what happens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh My!!! I didn't know. Sorry! I just have checked my blogs for the week, pretty much!! I hope your doing okay! that is scary. Let me know how your doing, and if the car gets totaled. I am thinking about you. Hope your body feels better.

Heather said...

wow. Glad that you are ok.

Brett - Rachel B said...

oh sad! that was a pretty car!

Kenley and Mel said...

I am so glad your ok Nicolette. I've actually been in the same situation before...but luckily my air bags didn't go off. I am so glad your ok though, sorry about your car, it seems like just a short while ago you had posted pictures of your beautiful new car....
Hope everything goes ok.