Tuesday, September 2, 2008

BBQ'in

Last week we had a BBQ out in front next to the stream with all of the Elders Quorum and their wives. It was a nice little gathering. We were able to get to know eachother a little better. Skyler has been in the Elder Quorum almost as long as we have lived here. For a while the quorum stayed pretty much the same. This is suprising because usually newlywed couples are always in-and-out of the ward very quickly. Recently we've had lots of move-outs and move-ins. Skyler was bumped up to 1st counselor. He keeps joking with the president to give us a 30 day notice before he moves so we can move as well so he doesn't get bumped up again;)

Tonight I was able to have a friend over that I see so rarely. Kyra and I have been trying to make a BBQ happen for quite awhile now but I've cancelled on her atleast twice, once because I was sick. I almost cancelled again because there was an enrichment activity I was hoping to go to but I figured I've been rude enough as it is. It was nice to have her over a catch up on life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun.. How fun to get together with friends also. Yummy Watermelon!!! :)