Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stake Conference

This past weekend we were fortunate enough to have stake conference held in the conference center and had our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson presiding. The day before, Skyler attended a leadership meeting there with President Monson as well. But it wasn't as quaint as stake conference typically is. There were a total of 72 stakes involved! So it was pretty much like attending General Conference. I wish we had gotten there even earlier so we could sit closer to the front. Some of the other speakers included Richard Hinckley (President Hinckley's son), Cheryl Lant (Primary General Presidency), and M. Russell Ballard (quorum of the twelve). I'd have to say, this was definitely the best Stake Conference I've ever been to. It was so easy to pay attention the entire time. I even took notes! I don't know, there is just something about having the Prophet's presence in the room that feels so comforting and strong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great!! I know what you mean about having the prophet presence. I thought you were lost. great to have a new post!! Are you working on the background?

Nikki (and Crew!) said...

I was there, too! It really was a great conference.

Brett - Rachel B said...

Thats way cool. Hope you took notes!