Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas catch-up

My sister performed with her singing group from her school at the JSMB. My mom and I watched her group perform a group of songs and then I grabbed some of them for a fun little picture. Afterwards my mom and I ate a little something to hold me over at the Nauvoo Cafe inside the JSMB. It was a little on the expensive side but very tasty.





Right afterwards Skyler and I went to our ward Christmas party in the JSMB as well. We have the best food at our Christmas parties! We get it catered. Not sure where from, but it's good! All I know is that the rolls are Lion House rolls and that's all I really need to know. There was a Christmas performance afterwads by a quartet and then someone read the story of how the song Silent Night came about. If you haven't heard it, you should read up about it. Great story. Then we sang Silent Night and I was just a mess. I made Skyler bolt out of there with me!


We went to see Jon Schmidt as a family a few weeks ago. We had seen him live before, but this Christmas concert was so awesome. It was both funny and emotional for me. For some reason this Christmas season has been more emotional for me than usual. Every time I heard or sang certain Christmas songs I wouldn't be able to hold back. This concert was beautiful. Thanks mom for taking all of us!



Last weekend we went to a Christmas party for my dad's side of the family. It was nice to see family that we haven't seen in awhile. When we first arrived there, they put a sticker on our backs with a christmas related word to guess with only yes or no questions. It took me forever even though mine was just 'Jingle Bells'. Skyler's was 'Christmas ribbon'. Someone at our table had 'Red Ryder BB Gun', I'm suprised he guess it!

No comments: