Sunday, December 7, 2008

Content

Friday was my 25th birthday. I spent most of my day at work, which was ok, because I took it off last year and wished I hadn't because I was just home alone and bored. I much preferred being amongst people who I like to be around.


That night we ended up going to a place that someone at work recommended. It's a pizzeria called Settebello. This was by far the best pizza I have ever had... ever. I've never been to Italy, but it's exactly how I picture authentic Italian pizza to be. The pizzas are supposed to be individual size, but we just got one and shared it; which was perfect for us. I could have eaten much more but I was content.



Photobucket


Then after a long wait, we had some gelato.



I only got a little impatient because we had a late movie we were trying to catch. We made it to the last showing of Four Christmases. It had us laughing pretty hard. At one point I think Skyler was laughing so hard he couldn't breath. Great ending to a great day!
Then last night, our whole family got together for dinner to celebrate mine and Natalie's (my sister) birthday. Her birthday was on Thanksgiving and we hadn't been able to celebrate it yet. We were still sitting and talking long after we were done eating. We were actually one of the last people in the restaurant that weren't employees. McKenzie had us cracking up when she randomly asked, "Has anyone been to the place where they recycle people?" I think she ment to say, "The place where people recycle," like a reclying plant or something like that. We gave her a lot of slack for that. I love my family. They mean more to me than anything. I am so grateful that we live close and can visit as often as we want!

7 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

Sounds like you had a great Birthday!! Your cards in the mail.. ha!! sorry you didn't get it on your birthday!! :( I am glad you had a nice day!

chelseareeve said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend. You are so cute Nicolette. I am so glad that you love your famiy and that you have so much fun with them. I wish many times that I lived closer to my family. I value family and it is sometimes tough being away from them...my parents especially. I am going to have to go to this pizza place. Pizza is my favorite thing to eat and you talk it up so much, maybe we could go together sometime.

I too was worried that we wouldn't see each other after LEA. I hoped that we would, so I am glad that we've kept in touch. Thanks for all your compliments and nice things you said about me. I love you too. After all the holiday rush...we should get together and do something like go to that pizza place. What do you think?

Heather said...

Mark and I heard about the restaurant and that the pizza was really good, but we never actually went. Maybe we'll have to try it out when we visit.

Stephanie said...

love the top pic. I want you to teach me how to do that.

k, check my blog, let me know if i fixed the problemo

Stephanie said...

ps. Happy Bday!!!!!!!! How it would be to be 25 again...

Nicolette said...

Chels- I'm so down with that!

Steph- That picture was actually just cool by pure accident! I took it from the passenger seat as we drove away!

Kenley and Mel said...

Happy Happy Birthday (well belated birthday) Sounds like you had a a great time!