Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Westin

Our little man turns one today. I love this little guy so much! This past year I have experienced more joy than I've ever experienced or knew was even possible. Being a mom is truly the best, most special thing ever and I am grateful I have the opportunity to be a a mother.

I have shed many happy, stressed, and overwhelmed tears this year. Being a mom is also more work than I ever thought it would be. And for all the work, it's 100% worth it.

I have learned a lot this past year. But mostly, I think the thing I learned the most is patience. Patience when I have had an exhausting day and all I want is for him to go to bed, but he has different agenda.

I have adored watching him grow up. I have learned it is a bittersweet thing to watch your baby grow, but mostly it makes me happy. Watching him grow and progress through all the different stages and learning how to do new things. Every time he does or tries something new for the first time I get elated.

Westin,
I love to see your happy face in the morning or after a nap.
I love to listen to your jibber jabber in the back seat when I'm driving.
I love to cuddle.
I love love love your smile. But I love your sweet giggle even more. It's so contagious.
But mostly I just love all of you!

Happy Birthday my sweet boy!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

isn't it funny how time fly and yet go so slow to. I can't beleive he is one and how cute is that pic man how blue are his eyes!

Brett - Rachel B said...

Thanks for posting- it's fun to see you experience this joy!

Brett - Rachel B said...

Thanks for posting- it's fun to see you experience this joy!

thebelnapfam said...

I can not believe that he is 1 already!!!

satomblablabla said...

I really hope I can be there at his party! I'm still trying to get someone to come in and cover me at work.

It's neat to see you go through the stages of mommyhood. Thanks for sharing!