Monday, October 4, 2010

Mom's 50th

My mom turned 50 in August and we through a big party in her honor. Let me tell you what, I had a lot of fun planning this party. This party just couldn't go without being shared on my blog.

It was a black, white, and red damask theme party. I wanted there to be black and white for the 50th, but keep it classy with the red and the damask design.

I custom made this frame. I bought the frame at Savers and decorated it with the colors.
I had too much going on to make the dinner myself, though ideally I would have, so we had dinner catered from Olive Garden. The food was a big hit. I guess you can't really lose with Olive Garden!

The party was supposed to be outdoors, but the weather didn't cooperate so we brought in tables and chairs from the church and filled them in my parents house. Good thing they have a huge living room!The cake and cupcakes were from a local bake shop, Sugar Daisy Bakery.
Red Velvet cupcakes
One of the tables, before the candles were lit.
I borrowed my moms album from my grandma and had some old pictures of her when she was younger printed off and framed and placed them on the table. My grandpa has always had a love for photography, I guess that's where I got it from. I'm so glad he captured so many great pictures of my mom for everyone to enjoy.
Natalie and my grandparentsMy dad asked a friend of his to play some live music while everyone was eating.
The birthday girl with some friends.
She looks so great here!
Natalie and I with mom after the party
Success!

1 comment:

Brett - Rachel B said...

Wow- she looks fantastic! Quite the party, you can do mine anytime!