Thursday, August 28, 2008

What I've been up to

I've finally got around to starting some projects that have just been sitting around waiting for me to start them. First off, I have finally been pulled into the world of dun dun dun... scapbooking! I consider myself to be a somewhat crafty gal, at least my intentions are there. But when it comes to scrapbooking, I never had the interest. It looks way to tedious for my likes. years back I had done some for my mom because it hurt me inside to see all of her photos in such a mess and so unorganized. But other than that I've never gotten into it. But all through my zero desire to scrapbook, I have really felt that it's important. It's important to try to capture as many memories as possible with your camera, and then organize them so they can easily be viewed (by you or your descendants) way down the road. I especially wanted to get going on this task before children came into the picture. Then it would just be all too overwhemlming with the amount of pictures I know we will have.
So, I've done it and to my suprise I actually really enjoy it! I'm still catching up. I did get our wedding photos scrapbooked a long time ago, so I'm starting with anything after that point. But I'm beginning to find myself searching for something to scrapbook. I've done it all so fast that I have little to work with now.

For awhile I was using the coffe table, but that was creating too much mess in the living room, so for a better working aread I put a table in our bedroom with a large black scraf over it. This works great.



I have noticed that there is lack of light right above me though, so I ordered this. It will hang over the table and hopefully light up the area more.



I also had another idea for something I wanted to hang above the kitchen sink. I bought this plain white shelf. I sanded it to give it antique look.



Then I screwed some white hooks in and was hoping to hang some colorful mugs from this. It was a great idea until I actually tried to screw it into the wall. I was having troubles so I asked Skyler to use his drill. Come to find out, behind the paint is concrete. Lovely. Too bad the thing we had hanging there before doesn't cover it enough!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've done a lot. I am so excited for you to be scrapbooking. it will be so much fun. You've doen al ot in the house also. Great idea for your kitchen, too bad it didn't work.. :( stupid concrete!! :p

Kenley and Mel said...

That is such a great idea to scrapbook everything. I started one for Kenley and I when we were dating...I really need to update mine too! I love the light you ordered!!! Where did you order it from?

Nicolette said...

I ordered it from paperlanternstore.com:)