Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 6: Day at sea

The evening of our excursion to the Grand Cayman, the captain came on the intercom to make an announcement. I could tell immediately in his voice that it wasn't going to be happy news. He talkeded about the Swine flu and announced that they had decided it was best that we don't go to Cozumel, Mexico.

We were pretty bummed. But I supported their decision 100%. I mean the likelihood of catching something being so far away from Mexico City seems low, but I certainly don't want to even take a chance of exposing my pregnant self or my family members to any kind of danger whatsoever. So I was ok with the decision as soon as I heard it. Later, they announced that we'de be going to Key West in the Florida Keys instead. (After the cruise my doctor told me that she preffered the Keys to Cozumel anyways, so that made me feel even better about it;)

So therefore, instead of day 6 being Cozumel, it was a day at sea. However, this morning is when I began to start really feeling sick. I decided to try to spend as much time as possible resting so I could enjoy the last excursion. I pretty much laid in bed for a majority of the day. Mom and Natalie brought me some lunch. Later on I pushed myself to get ready and went to dinner. I didn't start taking pictures until after dinner.

This night was a monkey for the towel animal.
Our favorite for sure. So cute!


Here's where the craziness began
Don't ask;)

Then we got serious for a minute
Oh, there we go

Our Lovely room





We ended up making ourselves laugh so hard. We were laughing uncontrollably. Not sure why exactly but I have not laughed this much in a long time. This is what girly vacations are for!

After we gained composure of ourselves, we went out for the Mexican Party on the outside deck. We had some nachoes at the buffet and some amazing desserts and watched people dance and be crazy.


Hello Monkey

2 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

I hope your not sick of my comments, but I loved your cruise. i wish mine had been more like yours. What a fun time. I didn't realize only you girls went. How fun!! i love it. you look so good.

Brett - Rachel B said...

Awe! Looks like you guys had a great time! So cool!